Friday, May 8, 2009

Welcome!!




Welcome to my blog!! Whatever it may become!

I see this as an opportunity to connect with others, share my little world and preview some of my works in progress now that I am back in my studio full time. And maybe as a catalyst to spur me on to actually finish some of these works in progress!



Of course, spring is a HUGE thing here in CNY where our annual snowfall average is 120"!!..but it is all gone now and some of the spring bits are up!!! Tulips are at their peak, Forsythia is just going over. Forget-me-nots cover the yard as do the violets and the Meadow Sage is beginning to bloom. I transplanted a great deal of my non-spreading (ie non-crazy) plants into a raised bed and all are taking. The "other" perennial garden With the help of my house mate and all around great guy, John, a dozen Rose of Sharon bushes are now successfully transplanted to the west side of the house and are budding! Yea!!

We also have a Mama Robin who has built her nest on the back porch on top of the winter wreath I had yet to take down! She soundly scolds us as we try to tiptoe in and out - but are mostly trying to use the front door when we remember. I hate for her to be so stressed and surely don't want her to leave her eggs! I have been totally unsuccessful in capturing a picture of her - she is very vigilant!! I'll certainly post it if I get one.

A few weeks ago, my goodest CNY friend Connie's mom passed away and I will be going to her mom's house on Saturday as she is sharing
perennials with fellow gardeners so her mom's beautiful gardens will live on! Helene was a fantastic gardener and I have been a recipient in the past of some of her plants and am honored to be asked to come and share in the garden bounty.

Blessed Be!!










2 comments:

  1. HOORAY for Spring! And your blog looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen! It's a work in progress, just like everything else!!

    ReplyDelete